Continue to check back for our "What Does the Dietitian Order?" Restaurant Reviews!
- The Eat Right Knox Blog Team
You can learn more about the rating system and our healthy criteria.
Our criteria for the Five Fork Ratings are simple:
- Are non-fried appetizers available? (yes = 1 fork)
- Are special orders/requests for dish modifications, such as no butter or sauce on the side, allowed? (yes = 1 fork)
- Does the restaurant charge extra to modify menu items or substitute for healthy side dishes? (no = 1 fork)
- Are there at least three non-salad entrees that meet the Eat Right Knox "healthy" criteria*? (yes = 1 fork)
- Are the menu and/or nutrition facts available online or in-store? (yes = 1 fork)
*Non-salad entrees that are deemed "healthy" must be non-fried and include at least 1 of the following:
- 1 fruit/vegetable
- 1 source of lean protein (skinless chicken, lean cuts of beef/pork, fish, seafood, tofu, beans)
- 1 source of whole grains